Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What are "issues" in the face of our Creator?





Today, I had the great pleasure of spending a little time with a mother and son from our community. The son was sharing with me that he's been told many times that he has "issues". I quickly asked the question, "Who doesn't?"


This man may seem somewhat "odd" to the "normal" citizen in our world but what is a person with "issues" like? Is it one that has had sexual abuse in their childhood, drug abuse, a violent temper, perfectionist behavior, a junior high drop out, a gossip? Shall I go on? My point is one that brings me a great deal of comfort and joy. We've all got issues!!!


What we do with all of those issues seems to be the question that takes us to the ONLY one who can heal our crazy past. This is where we then get to put all of that love into action. We can then so clearly see the hurt in those around us because we have felt their pain and know just what to say or pray for. Not so that sin may abound but that we would be given the grace to love because we KNOW our own issues and how we have been able to release them.


The Holy Spirit and I have gone through my "issues" over and over again. Some more than others. The most delightful joy is having a "break through" with my "therapist"! HE is so gentle as not to force anything beyond my readiness. And at the same time provides everything I need for the path ahead of me, when I'm ready to make a change that leads to a more abundant freedom giving life!

I wish so badly that I could just pour out God's heart to this man and so many others who feel that they've got "issues"!!! My prayer is that this man will draw near to his FATHER with all the faith that is apportioned to him and feel the bliss of peace.

What I saw today was a man who loves his mother and does what he can to take care of her. He's thirty-eight and yes, if I looked with my eyes of flesh rather than spirit I would see someone I could easily dismiss as "strange" or of little value in our society. I'm sure the sweet lady that gave birth to this young man would strongly disagree. His creator probably would too!

No comments: