Saturday, August 9, 2008

Reading about the "dangers" of The Shack


The beautiful part about living this life is the journey each human takes. There was a time not to long ago in my life that I could easily judge the hearts, thoughts and intentions of every person I came in contact with. I used "discernment" as my tool of destruction rather than a powerful tool of love in action. What I judged on the outside was truly my own judgement toward myself. Just as LOVE allowed me to make decision that would later keep me from having more children He would later use that mess up to soften my heart in my relationships. I chose it all!








Please understand my heart. I believe with all of my being that the Bible is THE WORD. What I have come to know by my own experience and actions all to well is that when I am walking in the flesh the Bible becomes my stone of destruction rather than my instrument of grace and submission to others. I've seen it within myself too many times!








For those who have walked this path of my own latest "great sadness" you unfortunately were eyewitnesses of what the "desert" can look like in the flesh. If your still with me and you see me walking this path daily, I pray that you so clearly see the stream of healing waters that have invigorated my soul to such depths that words can NOT speak of!!!! (My tears do though!!!)








All this I know and have faith in, and when someone writes against a story that puts into words my life's journey with our CREATOR all I can do is smile!!! I used to want to get ANGRY!!! If all I wanted to do was "feel good" I would NOT enjoy this book! I would try to avoid any and all self reflection that might lead me to what is loving and true... I love my daughter so I allow her to mess everything up-sometimes and other times I get in the way of danger. Each circumstance is different but my love is always the same. She can put me in a box or not and either way I love her!!!! She has a choice!!!!!!! ;-) Peace!

2 comments:

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I LOVE THAT BOOK.


it changed my life

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

Hi!!!! I'm just now seeing that I had comments! ;-) Thanks for stopping by! I agree it is AMAZING, in ways that are difficult for me to express! I just keep thinking that it IS all about a love that breaks everything down into the simplest of terms...I just love it! :-)