Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We Can Judge or We Can Love


Today at our community lunch, a woman handed me a piece of paper that we take prayers requests on. She shared with me that she very much felt a call to find a church home but hated the thought of being judged. As the conversation grew her warm brown eyes filled with tears. She spoke of anxious thoughts, fear, shame and the need to have acceptance...

I told her about how grateful I am that God did not wait until I got my act together before I was blessed with His full to rim love! She said that it's so hard and I totally understand that. One thing that I have worked on within myself for a number of years is truley understandeing that what "others" think of me is none of my buisness. I'm called to love... Many times my mind will believe the world around me but all the while LOVE/ my Creator is drawing me to grace and complete acceptance of others and myself in view of who we are as Gods' children.

Not one single day goes by when I am not challenged to love unconditionally. Sometimes it's a beautiful thing and other times it can be very ugly. The only reason I can forgive myself for failing is the grace and love that I have been shown.

Please pray with me, that this beautiful soul finds a community where she can really be encouraged to grow and remember who she was created to be!

No comments: