Friday, February 27, 2009

Pruning and Growth



About seven or eight years ago I began to "see" that I was going through a different season in my life. We just started homeschooling which was different and not like most of my friends. Because of my falsely perceived judgements of "strangeness", I harbored great resentment, anger and frustration. All of these caused a great sadness in my relationships. My little world was just that, constricting, limited and stuck! During this process I was praying and I only seemed to grow more bitter and frustrated.


I was only set free when my heart was so burdened to seek forgiveness in private as well as public for my pride and unforgiveness. Since this time, over and over again the grace of The One that created me is what heals my soul, not someone approving of my choices, what I think, say or do, ONLY what the LOVE of my life says about me... Do I struggle? ABSOLUTELY!!! This is where I have the freedom to choose to sin (miss the mark) and put distance and darkness between myself and "others"--(LOST reference) or choose life and hope.


Without the many painful, dreary, lifeless winters in my own life, how could I possibly know the goodness of a refreshing rain, a flower poking up from the dirt or the simplicity of a child's smile??? Isn't this where we all are, just in different seasons?

2 comments:

Laura Drury said...

Love the insight. Thx for sharing.

GT said...

enjoyed your blog!